Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Vinyl Angel

Wow!
This was a piece of work! I found that indoor vinyl is a bit more flimsy than outdoor vinyl. I've never made a project this big using vinyl. It was a bit more intricate than I expected and thank goodness my sister came over to help me. Also learned... I should have put this on GLASS or some other SMOOTH surface. MY DOOR IS PITTED... not smooth!!!!!!!!!!!! argh!!! Whew. I used the cartridge Christmas. I love my Gypsy. I used layer one for the angel and layer two I used Car Decals to print out I heart my cricut. I got the most out of my vinyl!

I was inspired thanks to JOY over at http://joyslife.com/ .
I also credit her super duper DVD available here:


This is how it turned out : 
whew! It did turn out rather well. Glad I tried it.

Now if I can entice my sister back over  I MIGHT consider.. flipping the image and putting this up on the other side of the peep hole...at least now we know what we are in for! 
Thank you Joy!


4 comments:

  1. This is incredible! I Love it!
    I'm still learning about vinyl..
    Minta

    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love Joy's creations!! Great job!

    Shawnee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica,
    This turned out great. I just ordered Joy's DVD yesterday, and I can't wait to get it.
    Thanks for sharing
    hugs
    STacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Monica... your Angel came out lovely... thank you for visiting my blog and happy holidays to you too....HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete