Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

3rd Eye Challenge - 13 STITCHES

Here's my crazy take for the "13" Challenge over at 3rd Eye. The title is 13 STITCHES.
I love my 3rd Eye stamps. This is my first ever Art Journal page.
I also used some fibers that came in my Scraps of Darkness Creativity Kit. Those were a bit .. hairy to work with. LOL

I was experimenting with the stamps.  This piece is not meant to be pretty. I used the white crackle paint to simulate a mask. Is her mask falling away and her real appearance is showing? Is she part fish, or dragon or snake or just a scaly cold person?  Is she trying to break free but can't?  Is she forced to be silent? or are the leaves and paint and fake hair all a part of her mask.. who is she underneath. It's just an Art Journal page and me playing with my Gelatos.. .all the ones I could find in Michaels. I need to find the yellow /green ones.

PS : YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT I USED AS A MASK FOR THE ROUND DOTS ON HER FACE!!! LET'S JUST SAY I RECYCLED A PRODUCT.. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I USED LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW. LOL.

Supplies used :
3rd Eye - Leaf-- TES-026
Stickles- Waterfall
CTMH embellishment on the eye
The Rubber Cafe - Black Puffy Paint
Liquitex - Modeling Paste
Distress Ink - Tea Dye
Distress Marker-Black Soot, Antique Linen, Spun Sugar
Fiber Castell- all the colors I own
Embellishment Village - Fibers
Fiber Glue- Stiffy-by Plaid
Crackle Paint - White

13 Stitches

MODELING PASTE, STAPLES, FIBERS AND CRACKLE PAINT

MY HIDDEN 13 IN THE STITCHES

MODELING PASTE USING A SECRET MASK, AND STITCHING  OF THE LIPS

A LIGHTER VERSION


I decided to make her face all in leaves. This was very different for me.
I used the powder on the fibers.. first pour the powder then put on the fiber and then put the craft sheet and the hot iron on it. It stuck to the sheet. So then I tried the glue version and that was even more sticky. I'm not sure which method works best. I'll figure it out.
Thank you so much for looking and leaving a comment. 
Have a blessed day.
Happy Scrappn!

1 comment:

  1. Monica, this is just amazingly awesome! Love it! What recycled product did you use as a mask? This is so creative =)

    ReplyDelete