Have you had a chance to check out our hop?? It start's here!
The supplies you will need for this tut: one cereal box, one punch, Gesso, foam brush or something to paint with, ink, and die cutting machine to emboss with, embossing folder, Heat tool- optional.
1. Take your punch that you want to experiment with, punch it out and then paint it with Gesso.
2. Now if you want to hurry it along just a little bit you can use your heat tool to dry it faster.
3. Now that you are pretty sure its dry take your emboss folder and whichever die cutting machine you have. I used my Cuttlebug.
Here you can see I am feeding it in using my Genius platform system. It's pretty awesome.
4. Look at that! Really cool right? However....
I had other folders that I thought I should try. I couldn't stop and you might not be able to either!!
Experiment and play til you see something that you really like. I've included some examples. I did try to restrain myself and not use every folder I owned.
Now if you notice this butterfly comes in our main kit. It was a really nice thin material.
5. Now get out your ink and lightly go over your embossed items. I even rubbed two different colors on one of them. I did get excited about the inks too.
Then I had another thought!!! What if after the Gesso I went ahead and INKED the item. I used my Tim Holtz Metallic Distress Stain from my stash.. to paint the butterfly and THEN I embossed it.
Here is the end result. I love how this turned out as well. I think there is a place for both methods!
What do you think??
Here I used both creations on my project using the Main Kit Only for this layout.
Thank you for looking. I'm running a challenge over at Scrap That! Come join me for a chance to win a beautiful prize.