Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Paper Temptress ~ FAMILY~ a card...

Hello Crafters!
Hope this finds you doing well.
I was inspired by Contadina K's card. I wanted to make a simple but meaningful card. Thank you CONTADINA for the inspiration!!!
I used the Cryogen White as a base for this A2 card. I inked the bottom piece with Antique Linen Distress Ink. Then I chose from my Brown Bag Kraft Package #2. I used the Brown Bag paper for the inset.  I stamped some leaves(3rd Eye) on the background and then embossed the image using my Anna Griffin "Aviary" folder. I stamped the leaves onto Heavenly White 80#.
Below is my card titled Family:

PT Family

Here are a couple of close ups:





I used several Distress Inks to color the leaves. 
Hopefully as we enter into the Thanksgiving season we can all find things to be grateful for.
Remember Paper Temptress has a wide variety of awesome specialty papers.  Be sure to check out our specials.
We are also still undergoing OPERATION WRITE HOME. Might you consider joining us in making a card for our troops. More information can be found on our blog here.

Supplies used:
Paper Temptress: Copic Sampler Pack, Brown Bag Kraft package #2 -Brown Bag, Heavenly White 80#
Distress Ink:Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, Peeled Paint, Gathered Twigs.
Anna Griffin "Aviary" Embossing folder
3rd Eye Small Leaf - TES-026S, Large Leaf TES-026,
Authentique "Natural" Element Stickers
Prima- Vintage Trinkets - Special Screws -891626
Seam binding
Fabric Tac

Thanks for looking and Happy Scrappn!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Monica! I'm so flattered that you were inspired to make this card. It turned out beautifully - I especially love your delicate leaves with all that fine detail, and now I have to be on the lookout for that embossing folder! Beautiful, and thank you sooooo much for linking to me - I really appreciate it. Can I share this blog post on my fb page so others can enjoy your project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Monica!! Love your techniques and amazing textures!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete