Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

~Scraps of Darkness~ Another layout from the June Kit

Welcome to the Jungle is the name of the kit. I am sooooooooo loving it! I got some great photos at the zoo that day with my sister Kristina and my nephew -Kai and my son David.  The title of this layout is The Zoo Crew. Here's a few corners to wet your appetite :

I was really wanting a frame and since I can't buy them right now I put on my thinking cap and started going thru my gazillion cricut carts. I found the perfect one right on Potpurri Basket! I love love love this frame. I was praying that the paper would stay stuck during all the cuts and it did! Yipee Now it is a very pretty light brownish color and I inked it up with T H Distress Ink Antique Linen.

 I was bound and determind to use those Irock blings! I took a battery out of one of my remotes cuz the heating tool needed 3 ..NOT TWO BUT THREE! I go thru the AA batteries in this house!
Ok here's the finished product .. I tried to remove the .. color cast but heck if I know what I"m doing just trying to get the best photo out there!
Thank you Margaret Hoffman for the cool bling.. She is my Close to My Heart consultant! I love the square bling. I used the Bo Bunny Zoology papers .. and the combo stickers. I used Tim Holtz Paper Stash Seasonal for the awesome frame.  I used the Crystal Stickles on the teeny tiny butterflies.  I used the Sizzix  folder Diamonds in Diamonds for the green piece in the middle. I used Crackle Paint  - Clear Rock Candy on the middle green piece. I even used some Mustard Seed - Distress Ink on the middle green.
I used the Irock  bling  - copper , silver and bronze. I used TH Tissue Tape - Nostalgic. I tried out the Prima Flowers - Button Blossom Steel. Bo Bunny Trinkets is feature in the bottom right. I used TH Dusty Concord Ink on the corners of the green paper on those stars. I used MS corner punch stars on the green paper. The Tulip Glam it Up Heat Setting Tool worked great. The Glue Glider pro worked great.
Thanks for looking. I wonder what I will do next hmmmmm
Happy Scrappn

No comments:

Post a Comment