Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Scraputante's Mixed Media Challenge

I thought this was way cool the way this challenge was set up. We were to use certain elements. I haven't painted in a long time so I did a quickie practice and gave it a whirl. I might get out my sheets and practice some of my flowers I like to paint. Can't wait to see the next challenge.
This is how it was laid for us:
Our First Challenge--I am including an inspiration piece (just to help you get started if you don't know where to begin) in addition to the quote, which is “I must have flowers, always, and always.” ― Claude Monet.

Required Elements--please use both
1) flowers (duh) :)
2) scrapbook paper 

Mixed Media Elements--choose 3 out of five
1) ribbon
2) paint
3) mist
4) a button or buttons
5) a rub-on

You can use a blank (white or cream or black) 12x12, canvas or art journal page of 5x7 or larger for this piece.


I chose flowers and did use a flower made from scrapbook paper. I created this on an art journal page. I used a ribbon, a button, rubons and paint.

Painted the page with Black Gesso as a foundation.


3rd Eye -TES-087 BORDERS 2  with Art Anthology

Small rose from 3rd Eye

Ribbon stem

Different color of Art Anthology 


Makes me want to drag out my paints and paint a bit more.

I got to use my Prima Foam Stamp that I won in a chat. How cool I love how easy it was to use and clean.  I chose to use my Metallic Distress Stains to make them shimmer off the black.

I love flowers and find them inspiring.. they are full of life and color and make me happy.

Supplies used:
Prima Foam Stamp
Tim Holtz Metallic Distress Stains 3 : Tarnished Brass, Brushed Pewter, Antiqued Bronze
Prima Buttons from Engraver Collection
3rd Eye stamps : Leaf small -TES-026S; Rose small -TES-020S; Borders 2 - TES-087
Folk Art Paints: Metallic Pure Gold, Regal Red, Sapphire
PowderPuff Chalk Inks : Tahiti, Pink Cheeks
Kaisercraft Rubon's: Charlotte's Dream
Art Anthology Dimensional Crystals: Guava, BlueBird

I had a good time, Thank you Kelly.

I am going to also enter this at Berry71Bleu March Challenge You Color My world

Happy Scrappn and Happy Easter.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely collage of flowers, paints & textures! Fabulous work...thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful :)x
    I have submitted my designs for the HFC design team call and as much as I have enjoyed designing them and playing with the goodies they sent me I am really glad that they are finished beacause as I new I would I have obsessed with them for far to long and I think hubby is pleased to get his wife back:)
    Have you finished yours yet?
    Well any way another reason that i am here is to give you a LIEBSTER award. I was given one the other day and I to have to nominate 5 crafting bloggers that I think deserve one.... and you were top of my list! You have been so kind and have left me some lovely comments :) Thank you!
    So nip over to my blog and collect your award, it also gives you information on why and what it means x http://nikkiscraftingcreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete